Approving your proof confirms you are aware of your image quality of the file(s) you have provided.
Please check the followings before uploading your art file(s):
- High Resolution - 150 DPI at Full Size
- Color - CMYK
- Regular Black or Rich Black - Check CMYK
- File Size - Full Size
- Preferred File Type - PDF
- Acceptable Files - PSD, AI, EPS
- Fonts - Outlined
- Images - Embedded
Here are File Specifications that should be used for future orders at our facility.
Please let any designers working with you know that they should follow these specifications when printing with us as we cannot Reprint/Refund for these issues.
- Flatten: Objects / Gradients / Swatches / Symbols / Special Effects / Transparencies / Compound Paths
- Outline all fonts
- Flattened PDF (Single Page) or JPEG file types only
- Remove all crop marks/bleeds otherwise they will be printed
- Remove "Overprint" from the file
- File must be the same exact size as what is ordered (exception is Gallery Wrap Fold Edge)
- CMYK only (We do not print PANTONE / 5TH / SPOT / RGB / DEVICEGRAY)
- 150 dpi
- If using a template, the file uploaded to our site should match the exact "template size" (different than "graphic size")
- Do not scale template files, just flatten them and save at 150 dpi
- Files over 200" can be scaled
- Under 300 mb for upload
**Remove EVERYTHING from the file that you do not want printed on the final product - especially hidden layers and template guidelines
- For Illustrator CS2 and above, please use the "High Quality Print" preset
- Make sure all objects are embedded and flattened (we do not print Non-Native art)
- We offer support for the following programs: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw. If the file is made in a program other than what is listed, please export to a JPEG only as we don't recommend using other programs at our facility as there can be print issues
For our facility, this profile will provide best results: ICC PROFILE U.S Web Coated (SWOP) v2
If other profile are used, the color values will not print out as expected.
- We do not have specific measurements for Panel jobs. If you are printing Panels, please make sure you are providing a minimum of 1" overlay in your files.
- We do not guarantee exact cutting / sizing / measurements. Please make sure to leave a reasonable safety margin inset on your file to account for finishing. If you are unsure of what safety margin amount to use, please contact our pre-press department for further safety margin information
Template Set Up (General Directions):
- Create a new document in your design program at exact Template size.
- Set Template onto layer 1.
- Create a new layer where you can place your design elements, using the template as a guide for placement.
- Delete the layer containing Template (all template elements - blue space/text/guidelines - must be deleted or they will print on the final product)
- Flatten all design elements and save as a PDF or export to a JPEG at 150 dpi, exact size, CMYK only.
The size of the file should be exact the same size as the template provided including the artboard (white) space of in the Template file.
- Our template is used as a guide or reference to show general placement of logos/graphic elements
- Please be sure to use the template file that corresponds to your design program
- The material is white so any area left blank will appear white
- For Advertising Flags, leave a safety margin inset of at least 2" from all edges to prevent text from being cut off/hemmed over
We do not color match at our facility.
We have many printers in our facility and run through an automated system that sends files to the next available printer to keep production as fast as possible so different order numbers can be printed on different printers.
MATERIAL: Due to different material types, we cannot guarantee color matching between materials as they take ink different, print on different printers and have different production processes. Even if using the same color values, there can be slight variations. Differing material types usually cannot be printed on the same printer.
COLOR PROFILE: We only print CMYK colors. We do not guarantee how Pantone, RGB, Spot or 5th colors will print out. They can print incorrectly, inverted, or drop completely from the file. Please convert your colors to CMYK only to prevent major color issues.
ORDER NUMBERS: Different order numbers can print on different printers as they are automatically sent to the next available printer for fast production. It is possible for different jobs in an order to print on different printers.
PRINTERS: If you need particular orders to print on the same printer, you would need to contact us before approving artwork on your order and reference the order numbers that need to be printed on the same printer or which previous order you are trying to print in conjunction with. Printers may not always be available, however, so please keep this in mind. Asking to print orders on the same printer can also add extra turnaround time to the order.
*Please be aware colors on screen will appear darker when printed and to create file accordingly. When printing photographs, please make sure the color values and color space are both CMYK only.
If you have a project where color matching is pertinent, please contact us before placing the order.
If you have any questions about file set-ups, please contact us via phone 1-888-578-8100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.